Sunday 3 June 2012

Les Miserables - version 2012



So my favourite musical - yes I'm into musicals, I enjoyed Joel Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera, get over it  - is coming to the big screen (not for the first time) by director Tom Hooper who made big awards pleaser The King's Speech.

 Watching this new trailer I have high hopes, it looks strange (oddly enough) not set on a stage and with what looks like a fairly big budget. The cast includes Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe, who both sing as well as act in their spare time, as well as Anne Hathaway, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter; it's fair to say this is a good line-up. All the actors sing their own vocals live on set whist performing, which is quite impressive when comparing it to singing separately in a studio.

Probably not a film many will be excited about, but I certainly am. Les Miserables is released on January 11 2013.

1 comment:

  1. It's a trailer for Les Miserables, the movie adaptation of one of the greatest musicals ever. No seriously, ever. Not only that, but Les Miserables tickets are resonably priced. the casting is damn near friggin perfect!! As a fan of the broadway musical, I really like what I saw in the Les Mis .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments below: