Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Love Letter to Malcolm Reynolds


Oh Malcolm Nathan Reynolds Fillion. I miss you. I admit I had no idea who you were when I first saw you quoting the gospel according to 'Psycho' in Buffy and the character itself put me off watching Firefly for a little while, but when I finally saw you for who you really were...I’m not ashamed to say I developed a bit of a man crush, hell I would probably let you have me.

If only because of the help you once gave me.

Now I’m a Star Trek man, born and raised, the holodeck’s are where I spent most of my days and back when Firefly was first out, the new Battlestar hadn’t yet graced our quaint televisions and I have to admit I was pretty stuck in my ways about what a captain was, who he was meant to be and just how good he was supposed to be with the ladies.

 Horatio Vaglicker 

YOU...ROCKED...MY...WORLD (I could rock yours). Too many times we’ve watched our valiant captains lose more and more men over recurring evil characters that could have been dealt with easily in the first episode, and gorramit when I saw you kick that first melodramatic SOB through your ships engine for threatening that same, very tedious scenario I swear my lazy left testicle finally dropped and provided the substance I needed to fill out this sweet banana hammock.

  How can you say no to me?

Yes I can see you with Anara 2.0 in Castle but it’s not the same (You look like you eat now). I miss watching you get shot, stabbed, beaten and tortured every week. I miss your charming dim wit and quaint Americana style. I miss seeing the only role model a man need ever have, getting back up, keeping it together and doing right by his family...or crew, because real men don’t have time for families (Isn’t that right Sulu?).

Remember son. Even if someone is trying to kill you and doing it 
very well, it’s ok to make fun of their hair.

I think we know too much time has passed for you to return to the series and they’d probably try to replace you with Chris Pine anyway. I assume you know this after valiantly telling fans to stop trying to buy the rights to the program but like you said at the time “I love to dream”, and we’ll always be dreaming of you. Much Love.

Oh Malcolm, Yo Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below: