Tuesday 20 December 2011

5 Actors Who Made Men Hit the Gym...Part 4


2. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson

With a name like Dwayne your life can only go one of two ways. You’re either going to get beat up all the time or you’re going to develop mondo sized muscles and exceptional fighting ability. Personally I like to believe that The Rock did get bullied but gave each and every one of those alcoholic daddy’s punching bags the toilet swirly of the millennium. Hell that idea alone is worth more than most of The Rocks films at the box office but if there is one thing you cannot deny it is that the man is a hell of an entertainer and he’d probably sit down for a brew with you (I honestly class his performance in ‘Southland Tales’ as one of my favourites, even though I hadn’t slept in two days at the time I watched it).

With old Dwayne however it’s difficult to pinpoint that moment he really made us need to get out and sweat blood. He came to us an already well muscled man that’s for sure but he was also a pro wrestler and for many that’s just well choreographed ballet for the big and tall man. We can’t even be sure if he was responsible for his own catchphrases or if the people’s elbow was some kind of fungal infection. 

I like to think he at least plucks his own eyebrows

If I had to narrow it down...which I kind of do, I would say that whilst The Rocks bod has always been inspiring I never felt truly tiny enough in the Gonads to go do some lifting until I watched ‘Faster (2010)’. Perhaps it was just his character catching up to his body but I truly believed he was a merciless killer and every moment of the movie from his first kill on I was gripped. Finally a movie character that has seen the other movies where showing mercy just gets you shot in the shoulder. No this time it was balls to wall 38 Magnum to the face and we just about shot our own loads as he racked up the kill count and still managed to be a redeemable hero figure (and the car right... who didn’t love the car). This was right up until he spared the preacher. Obviously a small spot of pandering to the American masses about Christ and Redemption but I like to think that after the credits rolled he saw some crazy right wing What Would J-lo Do? Blog and he went all 21st century flag waving machine gun toting Jeebus on that preacher’s ass.

Requiescat in pace...Mother F@*#er

Final Part...Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments below: